Monday, January 4, 2010

30 Day Shred: Day 1

Well, it's 2010. And I have arrived, safe and sound, albeit in a slightly pudgier body than I imagined. To rectify that, I've decided to embark on Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. I tried this in May, during my last round of unemployment, and I lasted a grand total of 2 days before I could no longer resist the pull of the Chick-Fil-A around the corner. With the nearest Chick-Fil-A about an hour and a half's drive away, I really have no excuse/distractions keeping me from trying to complete the whole shebang. And maybe throw a diet in there somewhere.

So, this morning, I woke up at 6am, ready and rearing to go. Well, that's actually kind of a lie. I woke up at 5:30 and stared at the ceiling for a while before hauling myself out of bed shortly after 6. When I finally got the CD into my new computer, I discovered that the default DVD region on the computer was inexplicably set to Region 2. Anyways, after fiddling around for a while, I started. And oh my Godric, I was winded like 2 minutes into it. In a good way, I guess? But I completed it! With a few water breaks thrown in (even though Jillian repeatedly says no breaks) because I cannot remember the last time I did a full on jumping jack. After my little workout, I had a bowl of oatmeal, a glass of water and a Women's One-A-Day vitamin. It's actually really remarkable what a little cardio can do to jumpstart your day. After I finished breakfast, I cleaned, did a load of laundry and was basically finished with my daily chores by 8am. My plan is to go for a walk shortly before lunch, and then maybe another walk later in the afternoon.

No comments: