Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I hate packing

Packing is the worst. I literally have a single room to pack, a room that isn't even that big. And yet it is packed with stuff I didn't even realize I had. I looked at the bottom of this hamper I have that's basically a giant clothing storage bin, and there are dresses that haven't seen the light of day since last summer. I found old pairs of shoes, letters, cards, thank you notes, gift cards, probably $20 in change, perfume, every bobby pin known to man and several dozen ponytail holders. All of this scattered around my tiny room.

This makes me sound/feel like a class-A hoarder, which, you know, I probably am. But my room honestly never looked like it had so much stuff in it.

The saddest part of packing was removing all my DVDs from their cases and putting them in a giant CD case. I love the DVD cases! Alas, they take up too much space and I'm too cheap to ship them to my destination.

On the upside, having them in the CD case is like having a catalog showing evidence of how great my taste in television and movies is.

1 comment:

Zarina said...

Packing sucks. I hate it!! I dread the day we have to pack up this house - that fact alone keeps me from wanting to move for at least another 5 years!